We are pleased to offer virtual or in person Learning Academy continuing educational seminars for water park design to parks and recreation professionals and landscape architects. As an authorized provider of continuing education from the International Association for Continuous Education and Training (IACET), The American Institute of Architects (AIA) and the Landscape Architecture Continuing Education System™ (LA CES), we’re able to offer professionals continuing education credits.
Learn more about each of our Learning Academy continuing education seminars for water park design and find a session that best fits your audience’s needs in our 100 level offerings. Browse the available sessions below, then contact us to schedule one that best fits your needs.
See other educational sessions related to playgrounds on playlsi.com.
Learning Academy – Level 100 Courses
Spray parks are a fast growing amenity to park and recreation departments. This session will present ideas on the process of installing a spray park and the intricate details of design, budgeting, site amenities, water source, codes, bidding, construction and maintenance. Presenters will describe the analytical process of designing for sustaining the environment and explain the maintenance requirements of the surface, water source and features.
- Attendees will be able to understand major aspects for designing a splash pad.
- Attendees will understand design considerations for age-appropriate zones in splash pad design.
- Attendees will learn how the surrounding environment affects splash pad design.
- Attendees will understand the type of mechanical systems available and comparison of each system.
- Attendees will learn general budgeting guidelines based on system type, product selection and surfacing options.
Communities across the country are adding spray parks as one of the most highly requested and utilized recreation amenities. How can these be universally designed to be inclusive for people of all ages and abilities? This session will examine the best practices for creating spray parks using a case study to highlight concepts for successful design that is fun for people with and without disabilities, children, parents, and grandparents alike.
Upon completion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Understand the growing trend in spray grounds and splash parks and explain the benefits of water play for people of all ages and abilities.
- Identify the best practice recommendations for designing inclusive spray parks including all the site features that support an inclusive splash park.
- Identity the different areas and features of an inclusive splash pad and how this support age-appropriate play and the needs of those with an assortment of medical needs.