We are pleased to offer virtual or in person Learning Academy continuing educational seminars to parks and recreation professionals and landscape architects. As an authorized provider of continuing education from the International Association for Continuous Education and Training (IACET), The American Institute of Architects (AIA) and the Landscape Architecture Continuing Education System™ (LA CES), we’re able to offer professionals continuing education credits.
Learn more about each of our Learning Academy CEU offerings and find a session that best fits your audience’s needs in our 100 level offerings. Browse the available sessions below, then contact us to schedule one that best fits your needs.
See other educational sessions related to playgrounds on playlsi.com.
Learning Academy – Level 100 Courses
Designing a Spray Park A to Z
Spray parks are a fast growing amenity to park and recreation departments. This session will present ideas on the process of installing a spray park and the intricate details of design, budgeting, site amenities, water source, codes, bidding, construction and maintenance. Presenters will describe the analytical process of designing for sustaining the environment and explain the maintenance requirements of the surface, water source and features.
- Attendees will be able to comprehend the design & construction of their project by understanding the issues and process of the project.
- Attendees will be able to determine sources of water supply and implementation of the source.
- Attendees will be able to comprehend the complexity of the project to facilitate budgeting and scheduling the project.
- Attendees will be able to communicate with code inspectors concerning waterborne illnesses and safety concerns.
Inclusive Spray Play
Communities across the country are adding spray and splash parks, and are focused on using universal design practices to welcome people of all ages and abilities. This session will examine the best practice recommendations for designing inclusive spray parks including placement of site amenities and spray features to embrace inclusive, team and group spray play. Discussions will focus on the safety, accessibility, and mechanical considerations that factor into a successful spray play environment, and share safety issues to discuss with local inspectors.
- Attendees will be able to examine the growing trend in spray grounds and splash parks and why they are fun and engaging for people of all ages and abilities
- Attendees will be able to identify the best practice recommendations for designing inclusive spray parks including placement of site amenities and spray features to embrace inclusive, team and group spray play.
- Attendees will be able to discuss the safety, accessibility and mechanical considerations that factor into a successful spray play environment and be able to discuss safety issues with their local inspector and departments of health officials.